Thursday 18 September 2014

Favourite Holidays

Sept 18th: Tell a tale of traveling, a city or country you've been to or a favorite vacation.

This is going to be short because I'm having a pretty hectic/stressy time of it right now and my brain is frazzled, so, apologies in advance.

I have two favourite holidays. One was actually a college geology trip to Iceland in October 2012 and the other was a trip to Orkney (as part of a tour of Scotland) in summer 2013. 

Iceland was amazing because a) Vikings akfhslafha b) It's just magical there and c) THE NORTHERN LIGHTS 4 NIGHTS OUT OF FIVE :D ( one night viewed from a hot tub ;) ) 

Orkney was amazing because a) Vikings akfhalshlfashl b) Goregous accents c) Maes 
howe, Skara Brae, Ness of Brodgar, Ring of Brodgar, Stones of Stenness & Tomb of the Eagles 


So yeah, not a great post but all my brain can manage today. Has anyone else been to Orkney or Iceland? Or have any of you seen the Northern Lights?

5 comments:

  1. Never been to either or seen the Northern Lights. Luckily I am blessed to see a starry sky every night (weather permitting) because I live out in the country :-) Hope your stress ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm always so jealous of people who live with clear skies because I've always lived in the city. And thanks, yeah it's just because I'm about to move to uni. It'll all have settled down in a week or so :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, my son is obsessed with the thought of a trip to Iceland because a) he wants to see the Northern Lights and b) he's obsessed with Jules Verne and thinks he might find the entrance to the 'Centre of the Earth' there :) Got to love 8 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever try to learn Icelandic? I had a sustained attempt (with a Linguaphone kit - 78 rpm records, would you believe) after my first visit there, backpacking when I was a student. Like the son of the person who wrote the comment above mine, I hoped to find Verne's portal to the centre of the earth at the top of Snaefellsjokull. But there is a permanent glacier up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever try to learn Icelandic? I had a sustained attempt (with a Linguaphone kit - 78 rpm records, would you believe) after my first visit there, backpacking when I was a student. Like the son of the person who wrote the comment above mine, I hoped to find Verne's portal to the centre of the earth at the top of Snaefellsjokull. But there is a permanent glacier up there!

    ReplyDelete